Technical Documentation Specialist
Our People Bring the Light
The common thread running through every one of our departments is people like you. People from every background imaginable bringing their own light, their own individuality and passion to shine alongside the brilliance of their colleagues.
At Lumenpulse, your light will be recognized. Lumenpulse is not only a leading manufacturer of LED lighting solutions for commercial, institutional, and architectural applications; it is an employer offering growth, stability, acceptance, and highly competitive benefits.
Founded in 2006, Lumenpulse quickly became an industry leader spearheading innovations, proprietary technologies, and world-class designs. But Lumenpulse is equally as famous for its people. Lumenpulse has more than 500 employees worldwide, with Corporate Headquarters in Longueuil, Canada, a US Sales Office in Boston, United States, and offices in Chicago, United States, Vancouver, Canada, and Florence, Italy. We are fortunate to have some of the most renowned experts in their fields under our banner, and we want you to be part of our team.
Spotlight on Your New Role
User-friendly and accurate technical documentation is a key success factor for our business. As a Technical Documentation Specialist, you will be responsible for the development of detailed technical documents. Working within a team of product specialists, the Technical Documentation Specialist gathers requirements from product managers, designers, and engineers to create and maintain essential technical documents such as specification sheets, installation instructions, reference guides, 2D CAD files and photometric files.
- Produce and maintain multilingual specification sheets via a data management system
- Produce and maintain product installation instructions
- Produce and maintain various multilingual reference documents
- Produce and maintain 2D CAD files
- Liaise with subject matter experts to collate information required
- Check for and correct errors identified during drafting
- Assist in the production and review of other marketing material
- Assist in the development of sample kits for sales team
- Assist in the maintenance of the company's photometric file library
- Update and maintain data management system
- Maintain document control records
- Respond to technical questions from internal staff
- Other related tasks
Education & Experience Required
- College diploma (DEC) in Industrial Design or design related field.
- One to two years' experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Excellent spoken and written French and English
- Demonstrate autonomy and flexibility - frequent changes in priorities
- Strong sense of organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Be open-minded and creative
- Enjoy new challenges
- Possess practical experience in working with multiple software - SolidWorks, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent attention to detail
- General knowledge of LED lighting is a plus
- Customer service excellence is part of your priorities and values.
Lighting Your Future
Lumenpulse has projects worldwide, from Boston, United States to Christchurch, New Zealand. Our people develop products that have been recognized across the industry, including several Product Innovation Awards (PIA), Next Generation Luminaires Design Awards, Red Dot Product Design Awards, and Lightfair Innovation Awards.
What this means is that we recognize what our people do. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, with full health, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance, Employee Assistance Programs, a tele-medicine program, and company sponsored retirement savings contributions. Mentoring and on-the-job training is also important to us, we want you to grow.
We are excited about your contribution to our dynamic team, but we want you to be excited about what we can do for you. Here are some of the main advantages we offer our employees:
- Employee recognition programs
- Flexible hours (if applicable)
- An on-site, employee-only gym
- A subsidized cafeteria
- Headquarters is close to public transportation
- Free parking on premises
- Employer-subsidized social activities
- Personal protective and safety equipment provided.